Clearly conveying information and ideas
through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages
the audience and helps them understand and retain their message.
Skills and Behaviors
· Diplomatically, clearly, and logically conveys information and ideas through a variety of media to individuals or groups in a manner that engages the recipient/audience and helps them understand and retain the message.
· Adjusts words or terminology to ensure audience understanding (e.g. explaining policies, strategies, processes, plans, etc. to diverse groups).
· Able to deal with others with tact and sensitivity.
· Considers translating documents into other languages (French, Spanish) when the communication is intended to reach an audience at the country office level.
· Asks questions to obtain information or to gain clarification to ensure understanding.
· Communicates clearly and concisely.
· Communicates CARE’s policies effectively in a group or public setting; participates actively in meetings.
· Is sensitive to words used (culturally and to peoples feelings).
Written communication – day-to-day:
· Conveys information and messages clearly, concisely and effectively through both formal and informal (email) documents.
Written communications – documents and reports:
· Writes technical, progress, and summary reports for donors and other external audiences using appropriate style and grammar.
· Demonstrates an ability to comprehend communication from others.
· Attends to messages from others including paying attention to nonverbal clues (e.g. body language, facial expressions).
· Correctly interprets messages and responds appropriately.
View in MS Word